Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Readoption Day !!!

Yesterday was our Readoption day for Christian. He is now officially Christian Joseph. YEAH !! The day could not have been more perfect. Christian woke up in the most pleasant mood, I swear he knew that it was an important day. My mom and dad and sister Missy came, Joes' mom, dad and Grammie drove up also. Mindy, Alec and Mikayla made the drive, and my friend Julie meet us at the courthouse. Our attorney was talking to us beforehand and told us what to expect, while she was talking I felt like I was going to break down and cry. I was SO happy, Christian was sitting on my lap being such a good little boy I think I was in shock that it was truly happening. When we all walked into the courtroom I think it took maybe 3 minutes. The judge was out sick so the magistrate held the proceedings. Christian smiled the whole time. We all then came back to our house and had brunch. Christian received lots of beautiful gifts. Thank you to everyone !!!!


WE LOVE YOU CHRISTIAN JOSEPH !!!!



My favorite picture of the day...
I just love this little boy so much...
Family photo...
The magistrate was nice enough to pose for a picture...
He is just watching Mikayla go back and forth...

Alec having some chocolate milk...
Mikayla on the go...
Christian showing Grandma his photo album of our pickup trip...
Grammie and Christian...

Reading his book last night after everyone left...
Daddy this whole readoption thing has made me tired. Can I please just sleep right here???













4 comments:

Mindy said...

Awwww...LOVE that very last picture! He was so sweet and good yesterday...he KNEW it was a big special day for him and you know we couldn't be happier then to be a part of it! So glad I was able to go and that it was such a beautiful and amazing day...I totally know how emotional it is...only at ours I think I was too busy getting interogated to be emotional. HAH! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to have gotten to see these pictures on here. I thought of you all day and the joy that you were feeling. You are glowing all over and I know how blessed you are feeling. The picture of Your dad kissing Christian is priceless. How wonderful to have all of your loved ones with you on this special day. Christian has really grown seen I have seen him last and is looks so so so happy and loved and has everything a little boy could dream for....LOVE and His mommy and daddy to always be there for him!
I love how he is reading that book at the table. It looks like he likes book which is so good. He looks so studious and smart! His expressions are all so sweet.
I hope you keep posting some pictures now and then. I love seeing them.
Congratulations to you and Joe on the readoption of the joy of your life, your son.
So much awaits and it is off the charts! LOL!
Mrs. Jones

Bekah said...

What a special day and such sweet, sweet pictures. That last one just melts my heart. He is so adorable. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Congratulations!
I know I can't believe either that it has been six months since we walked in the GC Marriott after our flight was delayed to see you, Joe and Christian standing there waiting to tell us Izzy was on her way over. How can it really have been six months already?!
We just got our hearing date Monday. Ours is November 26. Yeah!!
Love,
NiCole